Thursday, February 12, 2009

Home, sweet home!

For the first time in 2009, we're back to our own space, stuff, and room in Imlay City! We drove the 1,303 miles Tuesday and yesterday and got here last night at 1am. The combination of changing two time zones and driving 23 hours over two days meant we're having a bit of a lazy day today, but it sure is nice to be back home.

I think we're having a little family feast tonight but I'm going to have to start paying attention to what I eat, as I officially hit the big 5-0 mark last week (I've gained 50 lbs from my skinny Africa-sized version since we left Bissau last April!). Hopefully fundraising will fall into line and we'll be able to get back soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jason,

My name is Erik DiVietro. I'm a pastor in New Hampshire (www.hbc-nh.org) and for our current season, we have been discussing the need for Christians to pour themselves into the people of regions like Guinea-Bissau.

I would love to perhaps begin a correspondence with you about your work there and possibly have our church partner with your ministry there.

Myself, I would like to take a short term trip to a nation in West Africa in 2010, so I have a personal stake in my questions as well.

If you have the time to dash a quick email off to me, I would be grateful. You can find my contact information at the church website above or my wordpress blog (which should be linked somehow.